|Job Title:||Information Specialist I||Open Date:||May 12, 2017|
|Salary Group/Class No.||B 15/1830||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Current Status:||Open||Posting Number:||466-2017-010|
|Number of Positions:||1||WorkinTexas.com No.||3483628|
|Monthly Salary:||Commensurate w/Experience||Part-Time:||No|
|Work Location:||Austin||Position Type:||Internal/External|
|Travel Required:||Less than 15%||FLSA Eligible:||Exempt|
Applications Accepted By:
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
|Fax or E-mail:
Attention: Human Resources
The Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner is a financial regulatory state agency and offers competitive salary and State of Texas benefits. Performs moderately complex informational and educational work. Work involves providing services and information to agency program staff, industry, other governmental agencies, community organizations, and the general public. Work will include producing publications designed to aid lenders and creditors in complying with state and federal lending laws; writing copy for agency website and other publications; serving as media contact for the agency; working with and speaking to community and professional groups to coordinate, improve, and stimulate interest in credit education programs and to secure financial support for local programs; assisting in the preparation of administrative reports, studies, and specialized research projects; assisting in planning and developing educational programs; and developing policy and procedure manuals. Plans, develops, and implements tasks within the agency’s financial education endowment grant program. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs related work as assigned. Applicants must submit a one page writing sample along with their State of Texas Application in order to be considered for this position.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes
Army – 37, 37F, 46, 46Q, 46R, 46Z, 46A, 46X
Navy – MC, 165X
Coast Guard – 340, 360, PA, YN, 03, 019, INF, MGT13
Marine Corps – 4313, 4341, 8711, 4302, 4305, 8055, 43, 87, 43, 80
Air Force – 3N0X0, 3N0X2, 35PX, 3N, 35
Additional information on the SAO Military Crosswalk is available here.
|Essential Job Functions|
- Promote financial literacy through public relations initiatives.
- Create educational materials, both print and electronic.
- Work with community organizations, stakeholders and others to develop educational material.
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications.
- Recommend, implement and maintain site design and operation.
- Plan and deliver education courses and materials.
- Create and deliver press releases, case studies, white papers, financial education newsletter content, and speaking proposals.
- Research financial literacy coverage and industry trends.
- Conduct extensive financial literacy outreach.
- Recommend, implement and maintain website design and participate in usability testing.
- May recommend improvements, adaptations, or revisions to the grant process and accompanying procedures.
- Prepare agendas and conduct research.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in government, business or public administration, or a field relevant to assignment is preferred.
- Experience in working with local or state government, community or professional groups is preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Duties require a person who is efficient, has excellent communication skills (both oral and written), keyboarding skills, and organizational skills.
- Must maintain effective working relationships with internally and externally.
- Candidate should be detail-oriented and must be able to work independently to meet required deadlines.
- Applicants must submit a one page-writing sample along with their State of Texas Application in order to be considered for this position.
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
Knowledge of State of Texas policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of editing and preparing informational material.
- Knowledge of training and marketing techniques.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in instructing others.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and applicable software.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to research and prepare information.
- Ability to develop and evaluate policies and procedures.
- Ability to design communication plans and materials related to the goals and priorities of the agency.
- Ability to compose content for the web.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in person to: Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; or via fax to 512.936.7610. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Applications may be downloaded from www.occc.texas.gov. Résumés submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.