|Job Title:||Accounting Manager (IV-V)||Open Date:||10/06/2016|
|Salary Group/Class No.||1603/B25 or 1604/B26||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Current Status:||Open||Posting Number:||466-2017-003|
|Number of Positions:||1||WorkinTexas.com No.||5178168|
|Monthly Salary:||Commensurate w/ Experience||Part-Time:||No|
|Work Location:||2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin, Texas||Position Type:||External|
|Travel Required:||Less than 5%||FLSA Eligible:||Exempt|
Applications Accepted By:
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
|Fax or E-mail:
Attention: Human Resources
The Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner is seeking an Accounting Manager to manage the agency’s fiscal operations and lead the accounting team. OCCC is a financial regulatory state agency and offers competitive salary and State of Texas benefits.
This position is responsible for managing the daily operation and activities of the Accounting Department and will oversee a team of about 4 employees. This position performs advanced level work preparing and overseeing the preparation of financial reporting, budgeting, and analyses. In addition, the Accounting Manager establishes, maintains, and oversees accounting systems, procedures, and control to include payroll, revenue accounting, and accounts payable. Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes
Military Occupational Specialist codes that may be applicable to this position may be found on the SAO Military Crosswalk:
|Essential Job Functions|
- Performs advanced (senior level) accounting work for the agency, advising agency management on financial management issues. Work involves performing advanced fiscal functions to include accounting, budgeting, purchasing and payroll processing, preparation of financial statements, records, documents, and reports.
- Prepares the Annual Financial Report and other required technical reports.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of adequate records of expenditures, funds, and expenses, as well as revenue collected and deposited.
- Recommends and implements procedures to control the disbursement of funds.
- Plans, develops, and approves schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving goals; and directs evaluation activities.
- Prepares and reviews general ledger accounting entries and reconciliation of financial transactions.
- Prepares and directs the preparation of agency budgets and periodic financial statements, analyses, and reports in accordance with federal and state reporting requirements.
- Recommends and implements agency accounting and financial policies and procedures in accordance with statute and professionally accepted standards.
- May design and consult with information technology staff in the development of computer systems for financial applications.
- Plans, assigns, and supervises the work of others.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting (CPA preferred).
- Experience in the management and direction of accounting
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Strong knowledge of governmental accounting, internal controls and financial reporting, required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
- Experience in accounting work for a Texas state agency.
- Experience using Uniform Statewide Accounting System (USAS), Uniform Statewide Payroll/Personnel System (USPS), State Property Accounting System (SPA), and ABILA MIP
- Experience (senior-level) with State of Texas accounting policies and procedures
- Experience (senior-level) in preparing annual financial reports and budgets.
- Management experience in public accounting.
|Knowldege, Skills, and Abilities|
- Knowledge of finance administration, budget control and fiscal accounting.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the state’s financial programs, governmental accounting, budget control methods, policies and procedures and laws and regulations pertaining to fiscal operations.
- Knowledge of accounting and management principles and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- Ability to budget funds and set up accounting and internal control systems.
- Ability to train and supervise staff.
- Skill in using a personal computer with Microsoft applications to include Access, Excel and Word.
- Skill in using office equipment such as copiers, printers and fax machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in person to: Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; or via fax to 512.936.7610. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Applications may be downloaded from www.occc.texas.gov. Résumés submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.