|Job Title:||Human Resources Officer-
Human Resources Specialist V - VI
|Open Date:||March 18, 2022|
|Salary Group/Class No.||B22/B24||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Job Class Number:||1737/1739||Posting Number:||466-2022-008|
|Number of Positions:||1||WorkinTexas.com No.|
|Work Location:||Austin (with some remote flexibility)||Position Type:||External|
|Travel Required:||NA||FLSA Eligible:||Exempt|
Applications Accepted By:
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
|FAX OR E-mail:
(512)936-7610 or Personnel@occc.texas.gov
Attention: Human Resources
|You may also create, update and submit your State of Texas application using WorkinTexas.com.|
Performs advanced (senior-level) human resources management work. Work involves directing, administering, and monitoring the human resources management program and ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Serves as the backup payroll administrator and safety officer. May participate in risk management, records management, purchasing, and property management activities. Work also involves developing and implementing communications to inform employees, consumers, and stakeholders regarding pertinent issues. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Performs related work as assigned.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes
Army – 42A, 79R, 79S, 79T, 79V, 420A, 42B, 42H, 70F
Navy – NC, NCC, NCR, P, YN, 120X, 168X, 641X, 741X
Coast Guard – 360, YN, 02, 05, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, HRM10, HRM11, HRM12PERS, NAP14
Marine Corps – 011, 0147, 0171, 4821, 8411, 8412, 0102, 0170, 4801, 4802, 4803, 4804, 4810, 8840
Air Force – 3S0X1, 3S1X1, 3S3X3, 8A100, 8R000, 8R200, 38PX, 83RO, 99GO, 87Q0
Additional information on the SAO Military Crosswalk is available here: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MilitaryCrosswalkGuide.pdf
|Essential Job Functions|
- Coordinates, administers, and monitors human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development.
- Oversees and manages the maintenance of human resources systems and records, the analysis of human resources, and reporting procedures.
- Plans and coordinates human resources programs and activities.
- Advises management on the administration of operating plans and policies for human resources activities.
- Monitors the effectiveness of human resources policies and recommends improvements.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation and maintenance of human resources reports.
- Interprets and provides advice and assistance on state and federal human resources-related laws and regulations.
- Serves as Safety Officer and ensures compliance.
- May supervise the work of others.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Applicants must demonstrate on the application how the following qualifications are met:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Major course work in human resources or business management, business or public administration, organization development or related field is preferred. May substitute four years of progressive human resources experience for required education.
Two (2) years of experience in human resources management work.
Certification as Profession in Human Resource (PHR) or Senior Profession in Human Resources;
Experience with the Texas Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management;
- Knowledge of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organization development;
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations related to human resources issues;
- Skill in conducting interviews and prescreening applicants against job criteria;
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing, and in problem solving;
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
- Ability to evaluate and relate policies and procedures to cases in question;
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Ability to conduct investigations;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Physical Requirements
- The position requires the employee to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (moving around the work-site) is routinely required to carry out some duties. This position requires extensive computer, telephone and client/customer service.
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, between 18 and 25 years of age, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in person to: Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; via fax to 512.936.7610; via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or via WorkinTexas.com. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Resumes submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered.
Applications may be downloaded from http://occc.texas.gov/jobs.
For directions or to request physical accommodation during the interview process, contact Human Resources at 512.936.7666 or email@example.com. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.