|Job Title:||Manager I – II||Open Date:||9/25/2023|
|Salary Group/Class No.||1600/ B22; 1601/B23||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Current Status:||Open||Posting Number:||466-2024-001|
|Number of Positions:||1||WorkinTexas.com No.||Job Order # 16215794|
|Monthly Salary:||$5000.00 - $6000.00||Part-Time:||No|
|Work Location:||Austin||Position Type:||Internal/External|
|Travel Required:||N/A||FLSA Eligible:||Exempt|
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
Human Resources 2601 N. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78705
|Fax or E-mail:
Attention: Human Resources
This position serves as the Licensing Manager. Performs managerial work administering the daily operations and activities of the licensing department. Work involves supervising staff, establishing goals and objectives; developing guidelines, procedures, and policies; developing schedules, priorities, and standards for achieving established goals; coordinating and evaluating business function and department activities; developing and evaluating budget requests; developing reports, and tracking productivity. Supervises the work of others. Works under general supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes
Army – All Series
Navy – 111X, 112X
Coast Guard – All Series
Marine Corps – 0203, 0207, 0302
Air Force – 8U000, 9G100, 16GX, 41AX
Military Occupational Specialty Codes from the SAO Military Crosswalk is available here.
|Essential Job Functions|
- Manages day-to-day activities of staff within the department.
- Manages staff development plans and activities.
- Establishes goals and objectives; develops and approves schedules, and priorities, and manages evaluation activities.
- Develops and implements techniques for evaluating department activities.
- Develops and evaluates policies and procedures; and monitors compliance with policies and procedures. Identifies areas of needed change and makes recommendations to improve operations.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance regarding questions related to the licensing department.
- Prepares management and productivity reports.
- Reviews and approves documents and reports developed by employees to ensure professional quality and appearance, appropriate content, consistency, and responsiveness.
- May confer with executive management to develop strategic plans and long- and short-term goals for the department, as well as coordinate information technology plans and projects.
- May participate in the development and revision of rules.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Applicants must demonstrate on the application how the following qualifications are met:
- Two years of experience in the management of a business function or department.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field relevant to the assignment is generally preferred.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Experience in managing personnel.
- Experience working for a regulatory agency.
- Experience in consumer credit and financial industries.
- Experience in using information technology and applications, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to a business function
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and management.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems; and
- Ability to use a computer and applicable software.
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions;
- Ability to establish goals and objectives;
- Ability to develop and evaluate policies and procedures;
- Ability to prepare concise reports;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- May supervise the work of others.
The position requires the employee to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (moving around the worksite) is routinely required to carry out some duties. This position requires extensive computer, telephone, and client/customer interaction, occasionally climbing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from the Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in-person to Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; via fax to 512.936.7610; via email to email@example.com; or via https://www.workintexas.com. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Resumes submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered.
Applications may be downloaded from occc.texas.gov/jobs.
For directions or to request physical accommodation during the interview process, contact Human Resources at 512.936.7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following the pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.