Annual renewal for pawnshops and pawn employees ends on June 30.
Annual renewal for motor vehicle sales finance licenses and commercial motor vehicle sales finance licenses ends on July 31.
To renew your license online, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your ALECS account at https://alecs.occc.texas.gov/ (each master file can only have ONE alecs account login)
- Click on Manage My Business from the menu on the left
- Select Renew License under the License heading
- Select your license type from the drop-down menu at the top, and click the box(es) next to the licenses you want to renew.
- Follow the prompts and pay.
The 2019 discounted renewal rate for pawnshops is $562.50, applying a discount of 10%. The fee to renew an inactive pawn shop license is $250 and the fee to renew a pawn employee license is $15. The maximum rate that can be charged is up to $625 for annual renewal for active pawn shop licenses pursuant to Texas Administrative Code, Title 7, Rule 85.211(e)(1)(A). The discounted rate does not apply to inactive licenses, volume fees or renewal for pawn employees.
The 2019 discounted renewal rate for a motor vehicle sales finance license location is $385 and the discounted renewal fee for a registered office is $355. The first license is always a licensed location for each master file, and each additional license under the same master file is a registered office. The online system ALECS will automatically calculate this. The maximum rate that can be charged is up to $460 for a licensed location and $430 for a registered office for annual renewal pursuant to Texas Administrative Code, Title 7, Rule 84.611(e)(1).