|Job Title:||System Support Specialist III||Open Date:||10/30/2018|
|Salary Group/Class No.||B17/0230||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Current Status:||Open||Posting Number:||466-2019-004|
|Number of Positions:||1||WorkinTexas.com No.||8685578|
|Monthly Salary:||$3,081 - $3,750||Part-Time:||No|
|Work Location:||Austin, Texas||Position Type:||External|
|Travel Required:||N/A||FLSA Eligible:||Exempt|
Applications Accepted By:
Texas Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner
Human Resources 2601 N. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78705
|Fax or E-mail:
Attention: Human Resources
The Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner is a financial regulatory state agency and offers competitive salary and State of Texas benefits.
Performs highly complex computer systems support work. Work involves providing customer support for agency information technology systems and operating automated office equipment in a stand-alone or network environment. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
THIS POSITION HAS A START DATE AFTER JANUARY 1, 2018.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes
Army – 25B, 94F, 35T, 255A
Navy – CT, IT, CTM
Coast Guard – 275, IT, 26, 030, C4I10, C4I11, ISM
Marine Corps – 0633, 2631, 6694
Air Force – 1A3X1, 3D1X1, 3D1X2
Additional information on the SAO Military Crosswalk is available here:
|Essential Job Functions|
The Systems Support Specialist III will need to be knowledgeable of best practices with respect to computer hardware, software and network management as well as work collaboratively with IT staff and other departments to facilitate a systematic and comprehensive approach to ensuring compliance, excellent customer service and business efficiency. This position must keep abreast of all pertinent system changes, take action as necessary to facilitate proactive business operations, possess the ability to assume responsibility, set goals, and estimate effectively target dates for major project deliverables.This position will also provide customer service and answers user inquiries regarding computer software, hardware operation, and the use and interface of systems and software applications.
Experience in Computer Systems Support Work. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent, supplemented by courses in computer science, is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
- Ability to configure, administrate, secure, troubleshoot and maintain Linux based server for physical and virtual server.
- Practical knowledge and experience maintaining computer desktops (Windows, and Linux) and preforming other help desk related activities.
- Ability to implement, secure, troubleshoot and maintain services such as mail, NFS, network routing, LDAP, web, etc.
- Multitasker, able to thrive in changing an evolving environment and able to pivot and prioritize as needed to meet goals and requirements.
- Ability to configure, administrate, secure, troubleshoot and maintain Windows based servers for physical and virtual servers.
- Applied knowledge of troubleshooting and fixing computer hardware.
- Experience with network equipment configuration and administration.
- Past experience making purchase recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with staff and others in the same field
- Degree in computer science or closely related field
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
- Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations; of information systems; of computer software and hardware; of information security policies and procedures; of local and wide area networks; and of the management of information systems.
- Skill in the use and support of computers, in the use of applicable programs and systems, and in troubleshooting information systems.
- Ability to operate information technology systems, to troubleshoot and repair equipment, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others.
- Talking/Hearing: to communicate with staff, public and vendors
- Lifting: to lift any necessary equipment, move IT equipment
- Reaching: to write at desk; to retrieve files or manuals; to access cables behind desks/workstations
- Pulling: to open doors and drawers; move IT equipment
- Pushing: to close doors and drawers; move IT equipment
- Stooping: to retrieve files at lower levels; access IT equipment at lower levels
- Crouching: to retrieve files at lower levels; access IT equipment at lower levels
- Seeing: to obtain information from written materials
- Carrying: to maintain and relocate IT equipment
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in person to: Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; or via fax to 512.936.7610. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Applications may be downloaded from www.occc.texas.gov. Résumés submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.