Required for Pawnshops - Pawnshops are required to maintain a consumer education display for each location in an area easily accessible by customers. OCCC (Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner) examiners check each location for the display kit to ensure it is filled with OCCC brochures and agency cards. If you do not have a display kit, please be advised that you are required to purchase one and display it in each of your stores to stay in compliance with state regulations. You may have ordered but not yet received your kit when your shop is examined, so be sure to make a copy of your order request as proof that you are waiting for your materials and are in compliance.
If you prefer to print your own consumer brochures, click here.
Provided with New Licenses - The educational materials are provided by the OCCC, as are frames to display the materials. The display frames hold brochures and business cards with the OCCC's contact information. A display kit (the frame plus materials) is provided free of charge to each new licensee.
Replacements - If your location has lost or damaged its display kit, you will need to order a replacement.
Cost- $25 (kits will not be mailed prior to payment being received by OCCC)
- Check- Use the Brochure Order Form
- Money Order- Use the Brochure Order Form
- Credit Card-to pay by credit card, you may use the order form, or call us at 512.936.7639 and we will take your Visa or Mastercard number over the phone.
Following is the section of the Texas Pawnshop Act addressing the display kit requirement:
§371.183. CONSUMER INFORMATION. The Finance Commission of Texas by rule may require a pawnshop to display, in an area in the pawnshop accessible to a consumer, materials provided by the commissioner that are designed to:
(1) inform a consumer of the duties, rights, and responsibilities of parties to a transaction regulated by the commissioner; and
(2) inform and assist a robbery, burglary, or theft victim.