|Job Title:||Customer Service Representative II/III||Open Date:||March 11, 2022|
|Salary Group/Class No.||A11/A13||Close Date:||Until Filled|
|Current Status:||Open||Posting Number:||466-2022-007|
|Number of Positions:||2||WorkinTexas.com No.|
|Work Location:||2601 N Lamar Blvd. Austin TX 78705||Position Type:||Full-Time|
|Travel Required:||NA||FLSA Eligible:||Non-Exempt|
Applications may be downloaded from http://occc.texas.gov/jobs and accepted by:
Attention: OCCC Human Resources
Fax: (512) 936.7610
Via Mail or in Person:
Attention: OCCC Human Resources
2601 N. Lamar Blvd. | Austin TX 78705
The Texas OCCC's mission is to create a fair, lawful and healthy credit environment that grows economic prosperity for all Texans. Are you ready to make an impact?
A great team member:
- Enjoys front-line customer service
- Possesses exceptional comprehension & retention skills
- Are positive and adapts to flexible learning
- Thrives in a team environment
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
You will perform complex customer service work that involves providing external customer service support via telephone and via email as well as receive and respond to public inquiries for information and/or state services. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Additional information on the SAO Military Crosswalk is available here: here.
|Essential Job Functions|
• Respond to customer inquiries and maintains customer accounts according to specific guidelines and procedures. • Communicates with the public in person, by telephone, by email. or regular correspondence, by fax, or over the internet • Enters information into databases, processes letters to customers, and performs other general clerical services. • Reviews and routes mail and other correspondence. • Researches information to solve customer service problems. • Prepares, interprets, and disseminates information concerning agency programs and procedures. • Receives and processes applications and payments for state services. • Creates and maintains activity logs, files, and reports on services. • Performs related work as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent required. • Two (2) years of experience in customer service, clerical or administrative support work.
•Experience in processing licenses and permits and experience in the credit or lending industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of office practices. • Knowledge of administrative and technical procedures. • Knowledge of applicable policies, administrative codes, and statutes. • Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling. • Skill in the use of standard office equipment, computers, and computer software. • Ability to communicate effectively. • Ability to work as part of a team. • Ability to respond to public inquiries in a timely manner. • Ability to implement administrative procedures. • Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. • Ability to be detail-oriented and work well on own initiative to meet deadlines.
All information obtained regarding the status of regulated financial service providers is subject to strict confidentiality. Employees are restricted from having certain loans or financial connections with licensed lenders, may not hold a substantial ownership interest in any licensee, and may not be related to any officer, employee, or consultant of any financial trade association. Employees must manage their personal finances in a manner to avoid conflicts of interest with the agency’s regulated industries. Employees must file an annual ethics disclosure statement with the agency. Must have reliable transportation. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the agency to obtain information regarding the applicant's credit history, police and criminal history information, and educational information.
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, between 18 and 25 years of age, will be required to present proof of Selective Service registration on the first day of employment or proof of exemption from Selective Service registration requirement. All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate having legal authorization to work in the United States. Failure to present such authorization within the time specified by the U. S. Department of Labor will result in the offer being rescinded.
|How to Apply|
Submit a State of Texas application via mail or in person to: Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd, Austin TX 78705; via fax to 512.936.7610; via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or via WorkinTexas.com. Applications MUST include a complete work history. Resumes submitted without a State of Texas application will not be considered. For directions or to request physical accommodation during the interview process, contact Human Resources at 512.936.7666 or email@example.com. If reasonably possible, please call at least 48 hours in advance to afford our representative and the hiring division sufficient time to properly review and coordinate your request.
Interviews will be conducted by appointment following pre-screen of applications. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of their selection or non-selection. The Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner is an equal opportunity employer.